Signs That Your Car Battery Is About To Die
The primary function of a battery in a vehicle is to start the engine of the care. The battery is rechargeable and it charges while it’s parked and engine is turned off. Battery also has its life span period in which should be replaced when it’s dead. There are several factors that wear off the battery’s function. You might not be able to start your car or it may give you a hard time starting its engine when the time comes that you need to replace it. Car battery in Singapore and all over the world needs to be replaced when it reached its critical level.
Here are some signs that your car is about to die on you:
- Dim headlights – the lights from your car comes from the battery, that’s why if you are experiencing dim light on your car, this might be one of the indications that the battery is dying.
- Clicking sound – you may hear a ticking noise in the car whenever you turn the key in the ignition. This might be another indication that your car battery needs to be replaced.
- Slow crank on engine – you should take your car for a checkup if you hear your engine crank. This happens every startup of the engine. Do not disregard this because this can be a sign that your battery is about to die or just simply dead.
- Backfiring – when you already checked your carburetor and black box and they turned out to be just fine, your battery might be in jeopardy. It is very important to have your battery checked immediately.
- Won’t start at all – after leaving your car overnight without any lights on and you are sure everything is turned off, if it doesn’t start in the morning, chances are, you need to replace your battery. If something is just left turned on overnight, like a light or what not, just turn everything off and let the vehicle sit for a while so that the battery can recharge.